Moodle E-learning Management System
The word Moodle is an abbreviation for Modular Object Dynamic Learning Environment, and the Moodle system is a software package provided through the World Wide Web that allows viewing and managing electronic courses in an integrated manner.
In terms of managing users, managing educational material, managing communication, communication between teacher and learner, and managing activities (assignments, quizzes).
Features of Moodle e-learning management system:
The Moodle system has many advantages that distinguish it from other electronic learning management systems. Among the most important are the following: .
- It is a free and open source program, and its effectiveness has been proven in educational institutions.
- It supports the Arabic language in all its versions, as well as many different languages.
- Supports FTP protocol enabling uploading and sharing of files.
- The system conforms to international standards for e-learning systems in terms of educational and technical aspects. Chief among them is the SCORM standards.
- Availability of a degree of flexibility for the teacher when modifying, deleting, and adding to the course, and observing the performance of learners.
- Helping learners to have a role in the education process, and to teach each other using Discussion Boards.
- Providing links and hypertexts necessary to build course content, information about participants, assignments, activities, exercises and tasks, without the need to know the programming languages used to create web pages.
- Support for training files and simulation activities in various formats such as: HTM5/SWF.
- Providing communication tools that support dialogue and discussion, as well as conversations between the parties to the communication process, whether using the tools of the environment itself, or from programs supported by the environment.
- The ease of managing conversations and discussions through the Moodle system for the teacher, and the presence of tools that facilitate the construction of tests and evaluation questions through the evaluation features and characteristics available in this system.
- Building integrated statistical reports on students’ answers such as: number of questions, remaining time, total score, and percentage, and providing them with immediate feedback.
- It performs effective practical functions, the most important of which is providing capabilities that make it easier for the teacher to publish tables, data, content information, display documents, reading lists, write reports, and comments in a familiar way.
The importance of interaction in e-learning environments:
It is clear from the foregoing that virtual learning environments, including the Moodle system, emphasize the importance of interaction, and its important role educationally and educationally. Therefore, attention was paid to designing this environment, emphasizing some concepts related to the process of interaction and integrating the learner into the learning environment, and providing various methods for individual learning through the following:
- Solve all problems that hinder learners’ access to the virtual learning environment.
- Developing educational media used in the environment.
- Develop appropriate solutions to help learners use this environment, and provide an accurate and brief explanation showing how to walk within the virtual learning environment through the attached guide.
- Promote the consolidation of all forms of communication between the learners and the trainer.
- Strengthening systems, methods and models of individual education.
- Encouraging and motivating learners to discover knowledge, and to use explanations, text, graphics, videos, etc.; To help him understand the educational content.
- Providing various ways and methods for the learner to access knowledge.
- Aligning the education process with the needs of learners.